Thursday, August 28, 2014

Mosaic Inspiration and Simple & Sweet Fridays #130

I wanted to share my latest Mosaic creations!

I wanted to recycle old plates that I bought from thrift stores and garage sales.

I broke the plates using a towel and hammer.


 I decided to use an old shovel, hand trowel, and a brick.


I started to glue the pieces down with AcrylPRO.


Pique Assiette is a form of art similar to mosaic but specifically uses broken plates and the like arranged in patterns or designs. The name comes from the French pique-assiette, meaning "one who eats from others' plates". Pique assiette is a style of mosaic that incorporates pieces of broken ceramics—plates, dishes, cups, tiles—and other found objects into the design. The appeal and expressiveness of pique assiette lies in the ideas of lateral thinking, humour, recycling, and the significance of the found objects.
-Wikipedia




I love displaying mosaic garden art.


It was a fun project.  I am planning to make another mosaic piece soon!




I went to Home Goods this last week and found these olive colored plates marked down to $3.00!
I couldn't resist!


I'll be sharing my fall tablescape soon.




I found this cute cookie stamp at Anthropologie.


I love the Eiffel Tower handle!


The stamp says, "BAKED FOR YOU"


I made some shortbread cookies with some lilac coloring in it.


Too cute and delicious too!






Stan designed a new area by our pool with brick.


Stan and Justin are working on putting up a new pergola.  I'll share more photos next week.


Maggie and I are excited about the new area!

I hope you all have a creative week.
Looking forward to seeing all the inspiring new projects you've been working on.






If you have been featured on
Simple & Sweet Fridays,
feel free to add my button!
Rooted In Thyme

Enjoy the Simple & Sweet Friday linky party!

Rooted In Thyme

30 comments:

  1. You are one talented lady. The mosaic pieces are beautiful. Can hardly wait to see your new pool area. Such a talented couple.
    Have a great weekend.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jody, yes you are talented and I love the mosaic pieces too! You are lucky to have a handy husband too. Thanks for the fun party and enjoy your weekend.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jody,

    You never cease to amaze me! From lavender tinted, stamped and scrumptious cookies, to magical mosaic creations, you always have something on the go...and can't wait to see your new additions to the pool area! Thanks for hosting and have a lovely weekend!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you have a lot going on. I love love the mosaic of the shovels. I have some old broken ones that I could do that with. The cookie stamp is too cute

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to show my husband your mosaics. He is planning to use some old plates to make a few items too. Can't wait to see your new area! You guys always have something new in the garden, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the feature! and I adore your ceramic mosaics - so pretty!!

    Have a happy weekend xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jody and Stan,
    LOVE the shovel and looking forward to seeing the new patio area!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jody & Stan,
    Appears you've b o t h been busy, dear friend(s)!!!
    I adore the mosaic trowel in your garden vignette!!!
    Stan's brick laying and pergola are looking amazing in your Garden, too!
    Thanks for hosting Simple and Sweet Fridays each week!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous features, Jody! I just love Anne's kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for Hosting... The shovel looks great... what a great idea.
    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so creative..
    Fun to see you both loving to do so many projects..
    And that stamp..well ..:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I seen a brown transferware plate with acorns on it that I would have loved to have had before the hammer hit it LOL

    I have always admired mosaic art and the little shovels are so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning!
    I love your mosaics. They're so pretty . . . and compliment your garden beautifully.
    I always enjoying seeing your projects every week.
    Thanks so much for hosting another fun party!
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore your mosaic creations - they are so adorable and perfect - - now I want one. . . bad. I too have a collection of plates I could use. As it happens I just broke my trusty shovels handle off the other day and now have the perfect way to reuse it. Thanks.

    Thanks so much for featuring my vintage sheet curtains - - that is so nice of you. I love walking into my room now just to see there prettiness.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those mosaics are lovely! Thanks for hosting -have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello you nice :)
    These pins zainspirpwały me unless Searching the attic of some old shoes and the spring urzyję the pot, great idea :)
    A beautiful blog, full of ideas :)
    Best wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your mosaics! What fun using garden items with the plate pieces. Gorgeous!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your mosaics, Jody! Those dishes were an awesome find too! Thank you so much for featuring my dining room!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your mosaics are very cute! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE your mosaics!! I remember when I was little my mom got into doing that for a while, and it was just fun to simply look for bright colored or patterned plates at garage sales and thrift stores. :) Love the shovel idea. Thank you for inviting me over to your party!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for hosting a great party. Have a wonderful week.

    Sarah @ Backwoods Babies

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's a sweet shovel. Love those mosaics. I have some china collected to make into a mosaic but I never seem to get around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your mosaics...I would love to try it someday. Also love your purple cookies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you so very much for the feature! I really love the recipe and was so excited to share it.

    Great deal on the plates and the stamp is perfect!

    Maggie looks like our Max. I call him the little Prince ( all 95 pounds).

    Thanks again.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  25. OOoh I so love your mosaic art work,just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for hosting and for sharing your lovely mosaic pieces.xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops forgot to mention how much I like your lovely new header xo

      Delete
  27. My goodness, what a creative pair you are! I absolutely love your mosaic pieces! Those cookies are so sweet, too, thank you for sharing these lovely projects with us. Cindy from TheCranesNest.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you for the feature this week! The wedding was beautiful and I was very happy to take some of the boxes home to use on my table. Thank you for hosting again and for sharing your mosaic. It looks perfect!
    Happy weekend!
    LuAnn ;)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely party Jody! Thanks for hosting and featured my bread box :) Your mosaic art works are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...